辦公室便利貼英語對話

學人智庫 時間:2018-02-08 我要投稿
【clearvueentertainment.com - 學人智庫】

  這是小編分享的一篇辦公室便利貼英語對話,一起來看看吧。

  SCENE C 吉娜與瑪莉同坐在飛往洛城的班機上

  Zina: We're going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.

  吉娜: 我們會讓“網(wǎng)路搜尋家”出局的。相信我。

  Mary: I believe you, Zina.

  瑪莉: 我相信你,吉娜。

  Zina: Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?

  吉娜: 瑪莉,我能問你個問題嗎?你的便利貼是什么顏色?

  Mary: My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?

  瑪莉: 我的便利貼?我想是粉紅的吧,怎么?

  Zina: Are you sure they aren't green? It's OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.

  吉娜: 你確定不是綠色?是也無妨。老實說就好。

  Mary: I'm pretty sure they're pink. Did I do something wrong?

  瑪莉: 我很確定是粉紅色的。我做錯了什么嗎?

  Zina: No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.

  吉娜: 沒有。粉紅很好。不要換。

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

  語言詳解

  A: Why is he so upset?

  他怎么那么難過?

  B: I told him he's getting fat. I was just being honest.

  我跟他說他變胖了。我只是說實話而已。

  【blow...out of the water 擊潰……】

  blow...out of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即讓對方潰不成軍:

  A: How was the basketball game last night?

  昨晚的籃球賽如何?

  B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.

  湖人隊把活塞隊打得潰不成軍。

  【stick with... 堅持……】

  stick with something 是指“堅持(某事)”,也就是不輕言放棄,不輕易更換:

  A: What's the best way to learn English?

  學英文最好的方法是什么?

  B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.

  堅守住基本原理,直到你了然于心。

  1) honest (a.) 誠實的